Editor's Note: Products featured on Wide Open Pets are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
If you have an adventurous cat, take them out for a stroll. You can try putting a leash on them for a walk, but I think a lot of cats that get nervous would enjoy cat backpacks. Cat backpacks are perfect for taking your cat out on long walks and long hikes.
Some things you must look for in a backpack are mesh windows. Making sure your cat gets fresh air on hot days is so important! Cat owners, if strollers aren't for you, I get it. Many cat carrier pet backpacks are very stylish! They can even fit small dogs. Take a look and see if your brave feline friend would like to go out for a walk in a cat carrier bag.
Best Cat Backpacks for Adventuring
With mesh sides, your cat will have a well-ventilated ride while in their carrier backpack. The cat backpack is lightweight and has 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Customers say it's comfortable! I love the top window on this cat backpack. If you unzip the carrier, your pet can easily peek out to get a view of the outside world.
- Fits pets up to 15 pounds
- Durable top handle
- Side entrance
This bubble backpack from Texsens is very stylish. If style is an important spec for you, you'll love this brand. The breathable backpack comes in 10 different colors and has a removable mat for easy cleaning. There are adjustable shoulder straps as well.
- Chest buckles (keeps shoulder straps from moving)
- Holds pets up to 17 pounds
This one definitely stands out from the rest, for sure. The window design has a retro look to it. This roomy cat carrier is waterproof, so if you're in a wet climate, this one should be a top pick.
It also has large ventilation holes. Your feline friend will look like a cute astronaut in their space capsule backpack.
- Extra thick shoulder padding and mesh panels (perfect for long trips)
- Fits pets up to 12 pounds
- Made from oxford cloth
RushDeer's cat backpack carrier has 4.8 out of 5 stars. Many customers say it's comfortable! This cat backpack is built for hiking, so if you plan on wearing it for hours, you shouldn't feel much discomfort, if any. There are two entrances, so this gives your furry friend a chance to peek outside.
- Fits pets up to 18 pounds (best pick for large cats)
- Under $30
- Side pockets
Side pockets are an important factor if you'd like to bring pet supplies and water for yourself. Of course, air holes and ventilation are non-negotiable, but where a lot of these differ is by price, weight limit, style, and material. Another factor to look at is an entrance.
If you think your cat would prefer a side entrance over a top entrance, look into side entrance pet carrier backpacks. Your cat backpack should be comfortable for you as well.
5. PETKIT Pet Backpack Carrier for Cats and Puppies, Ventilated Cat Backpack Carrier with Inbuilt Fan & Light, Comfort with Padded Strap for Travel, Hiking, Walking & Outdoor, Lightweight and Spacious
If you need something airline-approved, look no further than this awesome cat backpack offering plenty of ventilation. This pet travel carrier even has a built-in light so you can check on your kitty while they rest comfortably in their travel bag. If you need a fat cat backpack, rest assured this comfy carrier bag can hold both cats and dogs up to 17 lbs.
- Accommodates pets up to 17 lbs.
- Built-in LED lighting
- Fresh air ventilation system
6. ICEXIXI Portable Collapsible Transparent Pet Backpack - Waterproof Cat Backpack Ventilated Design Scratch Resistant Pet Backpack Carrier Comfortable Breathable Suitable for Traveling Hiking
Sometimes less is more. This pet carrier backpack offers plenty of ventilation, thanks to its mesh window design. Your cat travel adventures will allow plenty of fresh air, increasing your kitty's comfort. The padded straps are lightweight and reinforced with high-quality steel rings. Your cat will simply love this tote, whether hiking, jogging, or cruising in a boat with you.
- Breathable mesh design offers plenty of air circulation
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Collapsible pet carrier backpack design is easy to store
7. Grosee Cat Backpack Carrier, Cat Shaped Transparent Bubble Pet Carrier for Small Dog, Portable Travelling Backpack Airline-Approved for Hiking and Outdoor Use
Well, hello there, precious kitty. Not only is this adorable cat backpack ventilated, but the cute design also has us smitten. There's no denying what's behind the spacious, clear window. If you seek a backpack that's precious to boot, this one is for you.
- Side access opening
- Built-in security lock
- Generous window feature
- Mesh panels provide plenty of circulation
If you're not much of a hiker, don't worry. Bike riders with fur babies, be sure to look into pet carriers for your bikes. Take your fur babies everywhere in an attachable basket or trailer. They're high quality and also have specs like ventilation holes for your cat's safety. Traditional travel carriers are usually for getting your pet from point A to point B, but with a cat backpack, the destinations can be endless!
This post was originally published on September 24, 2019.