Products featured on Wide Open Pets are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Salmon oil for dogs has many benefits. Pet parents often seek the best supplements for their beloved pets. If you haven't been adding fish oils to your dog's diet, then they are missing out.
Small and large breeds can benefit from salmon oil. The omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon oil support the immune system, promote healthy skin and coats, prevent and treat dry and itchy skin, reduce the risk of heart conditions, and can reduce joint pain and other skin allergies. Fish oil supplements are an ideal way to promote wellness and better health in your pet. Worried about bad breath? Don't be.
The following high-quality dog supplements will support your pup's heart health without some of the more unfavorable side effects from fish consumption.
Health Benefits of Salmon Oil
There are many good reasons to add salmon oil for dogs into your pet's diet. DHA (found in omega-3 fatty acids) support a young puppy's growth and development. As pets age, omega-3 fatty acids play a role in supporting cognitive function.
Disclaimer: Before you begin treating your dog's coat for dry, itchy skin, be sure to check with your vet to make sure no underlying conditions are causing your concerns. As with all dietary food supplements, dog and cat owners should always consult with their trusted vet. Even though fish oil is often an ingredient in dog food, you'll want to ensure you aren't over-treating your pet with salmon oil. Your dog's body weight will be factored into the daily dosage recommendation.
Where to Buy Salmon Oil for Dogs
Fortunately, you don't need to take your pet fishing or live in the Pacific Northwest, where the salmon swim upstream to nourish your dog's skin and promote a healthy immune system. Amazon has plenty of fish supplements, some with two-day delivery within the USA. If it's time to improve your dog's diet, these high-quality food supplements are for you (rather, your pooch).
1. Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil for Dogs 32 Ounce; Natural Liquid Supplement with Omega 3's to Support Joint, Heart, and Immune Health Essential Fatty Acids Promote a Shiny Coat and Healthy Skin
Bottled in an FDA-registered facility within the USA, this high-quality food supplement is ideal for cats, dogs, and horses.
2. PetHonesty Anti-Scratch Salmon Oil - Omega-3 for Dogs - Pet Liquid Food Supplement - EPA + DHA Fatty Acids Reduce Shedding & Itching - Supports Joints, Brain & Heart Health
Stop the insanity of your pet's itchy skin. This supplement is blended to support joints, soothe skin, and improve brain and heart function.
3. Zesty Paws Salmon Fish Oil Omega 3 for Dogs - with Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil - Anti Itch Skin & Coat + Allergy Support - Hip & Joint + Arthritis Dog Supplement + EPA & DHA
Zesty Paws Salmon Bites are a healthy dog treat for your loved one. Packed with Biotin, salmon oil, and rich in vitamins and nutrients, these high-quality wellness chews from Zesty Paws are a win.
4. PetHonesty Salmon Oil + Hemp for Dogs & Cats - Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil - Fish Oil, Hemp Oil, Reduce Itching & Dry Skin, Omega-3 for Dogs, DHA for Pets, Joint/Immune Support, 16-oz Bottle Liquid Pump
Full support for joint health and coat health, with the addition of hemp seed oil. This salmon oil product is ideal for dogs and cats.
5. 32 Oz 100% Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon Fish Oil for Dogs & Cats + FREE Travel Bowl + FREE Bone Toy | Support Joint Function, Immune & Heart Health |...
Amazon Prime members may receive next-day delivery, along with a cute squeaky toy and collapsible travel bowl with this high-quality liquid salmon oil from Ruff and Ruffus.
Read More: The 10 Best Dog Hemp Oil Brands on Amazon
Love reading about pets?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.