The lengths pet owners will go to impress their furry friends have no bounds. We spend top dollar on cat toys and dog toys only for our pet to be more interested in the cardboard boxes the pet toys came in. Sometimes DIY homemade toys such as cardboard tubes from finished paper towels are the best! Nonetheless, we also know the importance of playtime with our pets and how it encourages mental enrichment and bonding time with our fur babies.
Playtime also prevents boredom in pets which can lead to your furry critter shredding your toilet paper or chewing up a shoe or two. So if your pet rat is tired of the same old toys, we compiled the five best chew toys.
Best Chew Toys for Rats
1. Hamster Chew Toys Set 10 Pack, Guinea Pig Chew Toys Natural Apple Wood Hamster Toys Chew Toy Rat, Small Animal Toys and Chew Toys for Rabbit
This chew toy set from Amazon is perfect for small pets such as degus, ferrets, hedgehogs, and rats. It comes with a pack of 10 toys which makes it perfect for scattering throughout your rat's playpen or at the end of a fun tunnel.
2. ERKOON New 12 Pack Hamster Chew Toys Gerbil Rat Guinea Pig Chinchilla Chew Toys Accessories, Natural Wooden Dumbbells Exercise Bell Roller Teeth Care Molar Toy for Rabbits Bird Rabbits Hamster Gerbil
This 12-pack of guinea pig toys has a 4.8-star rating and is perfect for your rat cage. These chew toys are eco-friendly and are made with high-quality ingredients. These are some of the best rat toys you can give your rat.
3. Suwikeke 12 PCS Hamster, Natural Wooden Dumbells Exercise Bell Roller, Chewing and Playing Exercise Teeth Care Molar Small Pets Accessories for Chinchillas Guinea Pigs Gerbils Bunnies Rats
Make room next to your rat's exercise wheel. Your pet rat's home gym won't be complete without these adorable wooden dumbells. This pack of toys includes all the foraging toys your rat needs to stimulate its mind. It also has a mini wooden hammock for your little critter to use as a rat bed after a good chewing and workout sesh.
4. BWOGUE Hamster Chew Toys Rat Chinchilla Guinea Pig Rabbits Toys Accessories Natural Apple Wooden Dumbells Exercise Bell Roller Teeth Care Molar Toy for Birds Bunny Gerbils Pack of 10
Your rat's small teeth are safe and healthy with these non-toxic chew toys. This set also includes a wood cask so your pet rat can hide out after a long day of being cute and chewing.
5. Kaytee Perfect Chews for Rats
If you're looking for rat cage accessories, this wooden rat chew toy is for you. The yellow wedges resemble cheese, so your sweet little rattie will think it's eating actual rat food!
READ MORE: Is Getting Pooped On By Birds Good Luck?
Love reading about pets?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.