It's hard not to love pigs. Even if you're a consistent consumer of bacon, it's hard not to feel a little twinge of guilt when staring down that snout. After all, pigs are some of the smartest animals, and many are even smarter than dogs. Pig owners know that pigs are full of personality, and while too often they end up as the subject of dinner or sad movies like Charlotte's Web, they can also bring a big smile to your face in the form of pig puns.
Just like humans, pigs are omnivores, which means they love eating both plants and other animals. These guys aren't picky eaters! They also have an excellent sense of smell meant for finding delicious treats hiding away on the ground. You'd think that their strong sense of smell would discourage them from trying a variety of foods, but pigs don't know how to turn down a meal. Though they're often maligned for their desire to eat heartily, their appetite is no different from many animals, and when raised in a natural environment they won't be prone to overeating. Pigs eat quite a lot of food, but this is usually in farm conditions where they're being fed specifically to be food for humans. So, the next time someone tells you that you eat like a pig, you'll have a nice retort ready!
Hopefully these hilarious pig puns will make you squeal with laughter.
Pig Puns to Make You Squeal
- If there is one spot you can never outdo pigs in is mud wrestling. They always outsmart their challengers.
- When robbing a bank, one of the first rules is to maintain absolute silence and do your job.
- The day pigs will learn how to fly, bacon prices will go up.
- The pig system is the most sophisticated ecologists I have ever seen. It recycles garbage into ham.
- It is only in the school of higher loining that piglets study the basic elements of language.
- During warm weather, all the retired pigs head to the tropigs for summer time.
- Most pigs do bad in school because they are slow loiners.
- They squealed on one another.
- Hip pigs are known to be flattery both in their actions and language. They call their girlfriends fine swines.
- There is a filthy rich pig down the road who recently bought up a brand-new pig-up truck.
- As October approaches, piglets prepare to break their piggy banks to celebrate the hoggy walloween season.
- Recently, there is a pig who opened a huge pawn shop which he aptly named Ham Hocks.
- On Mother's Day, everyone becomes excited to celebrate their mothers. In the animal kingdom, piglets are known to sow parties for their mothers.
- A friend of mine was looking for a name for his laundromat for pigs. When he approached me, I thought of no better word than hogwash.
- People and their decisions are to be totally respected. For instance, many players in our estate never want to play on Peg Pig's football team because of the way she hogs the ball.
Sharpen Your Wit With These Razorback Puns
- After school, disciplined piglets do not go out to play without first finishing their hamwork.
- In the countryside, people don't celebrate birthdays the way they do in towns. For instance, Joe decided to give farmer Jill just hogs and kisses for her birthday.
- In all my life, I have never heard of a razorback hog that is so dull.
- One of the things I love about the pig who decided to take up belly dancing is the way he likes to swing his waist around.
- Shakespeare may have been a 15th-century writer, but pigs really love his work to date. In fact, the hamlet is the favorite play in the sty.
- The way pigs are becoming smarter by day, organizers of sporting events may have to consider creating a special Olympig edition just to showcase how athletic pigs are.
- When I visited the park last Sunday, I couldn't believe my eyes. Hogs were all over at pig-nic tables just having fun.
- Do you know what the highest-rated card game for pigs is? You may never get this one, it is the porker!
- Science is very aggressive and the other day top scientists from our neighboring college were crossing a cactus and a pig to see if they will end up with a real porkerpine.
- I happened to be invited to a party where pigs and fish were drinking sparkling white swine.
- Mr. and Mrs. Pig was so excited when they received their special invitation for some swining and dining at a swine and cheese party.
- In a career interview, little pigs were asked what they wanted to be later in life and more than two thirds said they wanted to be professional garbage collectors.
- In football, pigs love to play in the loinback position.
- What a reunion we had! They were pigs all around us each one holding a glass of the best root beer.
- All the pigs were on strike that day and from a far, you could see the pigget lines forming.
Funny pig puns anyone? Hopefully, you won't be 'boared' after reading all those jokes! Animal puns are hilarious, and we all need a little break from work. Babe was our fave movie and there is nothing sweeter than a pig. Go hog wild and use a few of these in an email to a friend this week.
Do you or know anyone that has pigs? Let us know on the Wide Open Pets Facebook page!
This article was originally published May 5, 2020
READ MORE: Never Buy 'Teacup' Pigs: On the Trendiest Big Scam of Micro Pigs
Love reading about pets?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.