What episode of Full House do they get Comet?
Comet debuted in the third season.
The pup first appeared in the seventh episode of Season 3, "And They Call It Puppy Love," and remained with the family until the series ended with Season 8's two-part finale, "Michelle Rides Again."
Top 5 Comet moments
View this post on Instagram
Dad: “no dogs!” Family: *gets dog anyway* Dad and the dog: • #fullhouse #fullhousememes #fh #fullerhouse #fullerhousememes #memes #cometfullhouse #fullhousecomet #dadandthedog #dadandthedogmeme #dadandthedogmemes #mk #ash #marykate #marykateolsen #ashley #ashleyolsen #mkolsen #asholsen #olsentwin #olsentwins
Bustle tells us there were so many special moments with Comet and the Tanner family.
- It takes a special dog to have his own birthday party, let alone one with all the coolest dogs in the neighborhood in attendance, like Bobo, Winky, Sparky, Zha Zha, and Jaws. But Comet is a special dog, as evidenced by the fact that he blows out the candle on his cake -- even after Danny says he's incapable of doing so.
- After Comet is tucked in by Michelle, Danny enters her room intending to tuck in his daughter. But when he pulls back the covers expecting to receive a goodnight kiss from Michelle, he instead receives a slobbery welcoming from her dog.
- With a little help from Joey, Comet shows he's just as good of a celebrity impressionist as his uncle with his spot-on mimicry of Stevie Wonder, Elvis Presley, and Spock.
- Buddy the Wonderdog, known for his starring role in the film Air Bud, guest-starred as Comet in the episode "Air Jesse," where he shows off some of his incredible skills.
- The Season 8 episode "Comet's Excellent Adventure" completely revolves around the dog after he runs away from home while chasing a hot dog-adorned car and ends up falling in love with a collie.
Did more than one dog play Comet?
No! Comet, played by Buddy, made his appearance in the TV show's third season.
Fullhouse Fandom confirms that Comet died sometime after Full House ended, but in his lifetime he sired at least one litter of puppies.
"One of the dogs from this litter was named Comet Jr. (gender unknown), who then either sired or gave birth to a litter of puppies between the finale of Full House and the premiere of Fuller House. This litter included Comet Jr. Jr., who was adopted by Steve Hale and can be seen in Fuller House."
Buddy was born in early 1988 and went to doggie heaven in his sleep from cancer on February 10, 1998 at age 10.
What about the original cast? Do you remember which actors played each of the characters?
- Bob Saget - Danny Tanner
- Lori Loughlin - Becky Katsopolis
- Candace Cameron Bure - D.J. Tanner-Fuller
- John Stamos - Jesse Katsopolis
- Jodie Sweetin - Stephanie Tanner
- Mary-Kate Olsen - Michelle Tanner
- Ashley Olsen... Michelle Tanner
Have you ever lived with a Golden Retriever? Leave us a comment below!