A Labradoodle named Otis now has a dark patch of hair on his arm after receiving four spider bites.
The dog was staying with an at-home boarder who unknowingly had a nest of venomous spiders in her yard.
It wasn't until Otis returned home that his owner noticed the dog stopped eating, and soon after, the dog's leg began to swell and ooze.
Reddit user 'bethisyoung' rushed Otis to the vet just in time to start treatment that would save his life. Twenty hyperbaric chamber treatments later, Otis's leg is fully healed. However, something odd happened when the dog's hair grew back.
It's hard to predict what our pets will get themselves into, but know that pet insurance is always an option.
We're happy to learn Otis is faring well and back to his normal, playful self!
Has your pet ever had a bug bite that called for emergency care? Tell us about it in the comments below.
WATCH NOW: The Sexiest Vet Is Also Really Good with Animals