What's better than a hotel? A hotel with dog ambassadors, of course!
Hotels and resorts across the country are taking their pet-friendliness to new levels. They're actually installing resident dogs whose jobs range from guest greeter and Instagram model to tour guide and bellhop "supervisor." This, we're quite certain, is the best idea ever. Allow us to introduce you.
- Front Desk Assistant
- Intercontinental New York Barclay, New York City
- Favorite Part of the Day: Guests petting him
2. MONTY and PARKER
- Greeters (kind of like at Walmart)
- Montage Deer Valley, Park City, UT
- Favorite Part of the Day: Playing in the snow
- Chief Canine Officer
- Ghost Light Inn, New Hope, PA
- Favorite Part of the Day: Frolicking on the lawn adjacent to the hotel
- Official Canine in Residence
- The Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club, Honolulu
- Favorite Part of the Day: Play dates with guest dogs
- Chief Happiness Officer
- The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, Manchester, VT
- Favorite Part of the Day: Leading his "Golden Hike"
- Canine Ambassador
- Hyatt Centric, Portland, OR
- Favorite Part of the Day: Riding the luggage carts adorned with the property's trademark wooden chickens
Inspired to take your own furry sidekick on a fun getaway? You'll need the right gear to keep both of you happy. These dog and cat picks score rave reviews and are budget-friendly.
Human children need car seats, so why not your fur baby? This one is secure even for large dogs, with mesh inserts to keep your pal cool. Don't worry, it's super easy to set up.
Keep all his essentials conveniently corralled in this lightweight tote. The fold-down "serving tray" gives your pup a clean place to chow down no matter where your adventures take you.
Taylor Swift may have started the cat backpack craze, but you too can make tracks with your feline bobbing behind you. Tuck her into this trendy tote. She'll look like a little astronaut, but more importantly, she'll be secure. The pack has ventilation holes, and the sides unzip for easy access.
Does your dog love to sprawl out? This clever sling may just be the thing to nestle your pooch while keeping your back seat clean.
Diminutive doggies can sit up and enjoy the vacation view in this featherweight stroller. It comes in a bunch of colors, as well as in four-wheel and three-wheel styles.
When traveling by plane, your pet must be in a carrier that fits under the seat in front of you. This one is a great option, with mesh panels for ventilation, sturdy carry handles and a soft, cushy inner lining.
You'll have to remove your cat from his carrier to go through airport security, so you'll need to have him in a harness and leash to make sure he doesn't jump out of your arms. Cats have gotten lost for days in airports that way. This snazzy set will keep him safe and stylish.
Whether you're looking to turn your pooch into a dog with a job, or you're hoping to make your cat a little more adventurous, these products will go a long way towards getting you both out of the house. Happy exploring!
Do you love dogs with jobs? Tell us on the Wide Open Pets Facebook page!
Editor's Note: Products featured on Wide Open Pets are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.