Chickens are hilarious. Anyone who lives with a flock of chickens can tell you they're, by nature, constantly doing weird things to make you laugh! Chickens have been good fodder for comedians forever, and if you're looking to break the ice at a party or on a first date, chicken jokes are a great way to get the party started or to make a great first impression.
23 Funny Chicken Jokes
1. What do you call a mischievous egg?
A practical yolker!
2. Did you hear about the chicken that only laid eggs in the winter?
She was no spring chicken.
3. What day do chickens hate most?
4. What do you get if a chicken lays an egg on top of a barn?
5. Why did the chicken cross the road twice?
He was a double-crosser!
6. Why does the chicken go to Burger King?
To see a chicken strip!
7. How do chickens bake a cake?
They start from scratch.
8. Why don't chickens like people?
Because they beat eggs!
9. Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Because if it had four doors, it would be a chicken sedan!
10. Why did McDonald's run out of chicken McNuggets?
The farmer counted his chickens before they hatched!
11. What do you call a rooster who wakes you up at the same time every morning?
An alarm cluck!
12. What do you call a group of chickens clucking in unison?
13. What do you call someone who steals a chicken?
A Chicken Pot Pirate.
14. What does a chicken need to lay an egg every day?
15. Why did the duck cross the road?
To prove he wasn't chicken!
16. Why did the cow cross the road?
To get to the udder side!
17. Why did the chick disappoint his mother?
He wasn't what he was cracked up to be!
18. Why is it easy for chicks to talk?
Because talk is cheep!
19. What did the sick chicken say?
"I have the people-pox!"
20. Why did the chicken stand in the middle of the road?
He wanted to play squash!
21. What's a chicken's favorite instrument?
Anything with drumsticks!
22. What do chicken families do on the weekends?
They take peck-nics!
23. What do chickens order for dessert?
Coop-cakes of course!
Hopefully, you laughed when you read a few of these jokes on the list. We think just having a rubber chicken on our desk! We didn't have any knock-knock jokes on this list, but we definitely couldn't forget one of the most classic and funniest: "Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!"
There is plenty to laugh about when you own backyard chickens, but for those of us that are chicken keeping and have a chicken farm, we tried to keep these punchlines clean!
Sometimes, the ladies do remind us they evolved from the T-Rex and deserve some respect! So not a ton of fowl play in this list (ha!). We also decided that baby chicken jokes were off limits too and kept chicken leg, as well as KFC jokes, to a minimum!
Do you have a favorite fried chicken joke? Share them on our Wide Open Pets Facebook!
This article was originally published December 14, 2018.