When horseback riders have problems, they get creative and come up with genius equestrian life hacks to make horse life easier.
Horseback riders are perpetually short on time, and there's always more work to be done when you own horses. That's why these 15 horse hacks are so genius.
These barn hacks save horse owners time, make life easier, and will leave you thinking, "Why didn't I come up with that?"
Take a look!
1. Keep your saddle pads organized with a clothing rack.
2. Never get out to the paddock to find you've forgotten the scrub brush again. Attach them to water buckets!
3. Banish hoof snowballs.
4. Satisfy the itchy horse with a few dollars worth of brushes.
5. Get your horse's whites white again. Make horse grooming interesting for long manes and tails!
6. Keep the bored horse entertained.
7. Stop blankets from slipping.
8. Make that trip to the muck pile worth it.
9. Use tennis balls to quiet your cross ties.
10. Pool noodles prevent saddle rack marks in your saddles.
11. Who needs expensive ice boots?
12. Keep leg boots neat and tidy in your tack room.
13. Never buy boot trees for tall boots again.
14. Keep tangled wraps at bay.
15. The perfect saddle pad wash rack solution.
Convenient, affordable, and time-saving, these life hacks for horse owners are a great addition to any stable. You can find most of the materials needed for these tips and tricks at the dollar store or even the grocery store!
Whether you want to make it easier to care for the horses in your backyard, need to streamline work in your boarding barn, or on the road at a horse show, maybe it's time to put some of these great equestrian life hacks to use.
This post was originally published on September 15, 2017. It has been updated to provide proper credit for a photo and hack created by proequinegrooms.com.
Do you have favorite horse hacks? Share with us on our Wide Open Pets Instagram page!
Love reading about pets?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.