Pet owners talk to their pets-- it's a fact.
It doesn't matter if you have a fish or an entire farm, if you have pets in your life- you definitely talk to them. I constantly find myself thinking, "Did I really just say that out loud?"
With a rescue Chihuahua, an adopted Siamese, three reptiles, a fish and hermit crabs at home, there is plenty of chatter. Lucky for me, only the Siamese actually talks back!
Here are 15 things I find myself saying out loud, to my pets.
1. "I thought we talked about licking the floor already?"
2. "Hey, if you could stop eating the cat litter, that would be great."
3. "How did that poop get there?"
4. "Well, that's what happens when you stick your head under the faucet..."
5. "Please don't knock that ov- Oh... ok."
6. "That's just my foot under the blanket. No need to attack."
7. "Sure, you can have a bite. I wasn't going to finish it anyway."
8. "Stop chewing on that, please." *5 minutes later* "Didn't we just talk about this?"
9. "You know when you tear your toys apart that you can't play with them anymore, right?"
10. "You literally just ate five minutes ago..."
11. "This is why we can't have nice things."
12. "Where are all your toys?" *Looks under fridge* "Oh."
13. "No, it's ok, I didn't need that half of the bed anyway. As long as you're comfortable."
14. "Why are you staring at me like that?"
15. Goes to shower, closes bathroom door.
*Scratch, scratch, YOWL*
"I'm showering, I promise I didn't leave you forever."
"Ok, fine. You may enter. Please don't jump in the shower, I promise you won't like it."
Regardless of the silly, crazy and downright absurd things we find ourselves saying to our pets- they're family and even though most can't talk back, they deserve some conversation!