"Hatchlings"are newly hatched tiny creatures.
These little bitty creatures have just done all kinds of hard work to bust out of their shell. They've used all their strength and are tired, grumpy, and need a nap. They've broken through their shell into the big world and even though they're exhausted, they're mostly adorable.
Despite the grumpy faces, and the sleepy eyes, they are 100% cute as they make their big break into the world!
Here are 10 hatchlings that will definitely make you happy no matter what kind of day you're having!
10. Hatching is tough work, man! Time to catch some Zzz's.
This desert tortoise stops mid-hatch for a snooze.
9. So THAT'S what light looks like! Ok, I'm ready to go back in now.
Baby pythons tentatively peek out of their shells for the first glimpse of the world.
8. Ok, what now? I guess I'll just do gator stuff.
Fresh out of the egg and already mean mugging!
7. All that work! I'm just going to nap. Riiiight here.
A tiny chick takes a post-hatch snooze on some pending brothers and sisters.
6. Hey, do any of you guys know what's going on? I think we're lost.
A gaggle of baby snakes bond over whatever is happening.
5. It feels so good to stretch my ferocious dragon body!
This baby bearded dragon stretches out those legs after being cramped in the egg.
4. I'm already 100% done with today. This hatchling thing is for the birds!
Grumpy and new to the world, this leopard gecko hatchling is ready for a break.
3. Nope, nope, nope. I'm not doing it. You can't make me.
This tiny chameleon has no idea that he's even out of his egg.
2. Seriously guys? I would like to take a nap.
This cardinal is ready for some down-time from some pesky new babies.
1. Oh man, what did I get myself in to?
This teeny hognose hatchling is skeptical of whatever is happening now that he's out of the egg.
All baby animals are adorable!
If you are looking to get a new reptile as a pet, make sure you are ready to care for them!